Skip to main content

How to Get What You Want

One of the things I've been very good at is manifesting what I want in my life. People often ask me how I do it. How at only 35 have I managed to have two kids, live in a dream house on the ocean in Hermosa Beach, build two million dollar businesses and attract my ideal life partner?

Today, I want to share with you my secrets for having everything I want so that you can too. First, you must understand that you are already a master at manifestation. Look around you and understand that everything around you right now has been created by you and your thoughts. If you are not happy with what you see, take full responsibility for that, not from a place of shame or guilt, but from a place of empowered knowingness that because you have created it, you can also change it.

Next, become aware that the secret to having everything you want in life is first knowing what you want.

I find that this can be the most difficult step for most people because sometimes what we want feels too big and overwhelming.

For example, what I want more than anything is to have my own TV show. In my heart, I've known that for years. But, it's only been in the last year or so that I could say that out loud and acknowledge it not only to the world, but to myself.

Why?

Because it was too big and scary. What if I admitted it and then it didn't happen? What if I wasn't good enough? What if ... What if ... What if .... Sound familiar?

Here's the truth though. Until I could admit it to myself and start to say it out loud, it would never happen. Even though it's what I wanted more than anything deep down inside. By keeping it hidden (from the world and from myself!), my mind made me believe I was safe from disappointment. But that's a lie, isn't it?

The first step to getting what you want is knowing what you want and broadcasting it as loudly as you possibly can.

The next step to getting what you want is to describe it fully as if it was already so.

So, here's my description:

I want a TV show where I can guide people through life transforming events, whether it's starting a business, leaving a relationship, resolving a family conflict ... change is hard for most people. And yet, when guided through it, these events can be the catalyst for incredible life growth. I want to facilitate that growth in an entertaining and inspiring way. I want to show up at the studio around 10a for script review, hair and makeup. I want the show to tape at 2p or 3pPT each day from the Los Angeles area, preferably as close to Hermosa Beach as possible and I want to be out of the studio no later than 4pPT and on my way home. Can you see that happening? I can!

Now the next step is the most important. You must take action to prepare yourself for getting what you want.

There were a lot of things I needed to do to prepare myself for my own TV show. One of the hardest things was letting go of the things in my life that would conflict with what I wanted, like anything that would make me unavailable during taping hours, which mean that I had to stop seeing new clients at my law firm and bring in a partner to take over the day to day operations. This was difficult because I had to let go of things I had become attached to that I thought I needed in my life when I didn't have any guarantee of replacing those things. There's a lot of faith involved with getting what you want.

Last, I had to begin to take actions that would lead me closer to what I wanted.

For example, I am not sitting around waiting for TV to come to me. I began to hold myself out as an expert. I wrote a book. I started to appear on radio programs. I began to build a platform. And now, I'm taping a pilot episode of a show. It's impossible to know which of these things will lead to my own TV show. But, I know some of them will. And the more I do that is aligned with my vision of what I want, the more likely I am to get what I want.

The same is true for you. So, to recap, here's the steps you can take to have everything you want in life:

Step 1: Be aware that you are a master at manifesting and that you are creating everything in your life right now.

Step 2: Admit to yourself what you want. Then, broadcast it in some way to the people around you. You can do this on a blog, by telling your close friends or family, or in some even bigger way.

Step 3: Describe the details of what you want as fully and specifically as possible. This can be in writing, pictures or digital, just get a clear vision out of your head and onto something you can see.

Step 4: Prepare yourself to have what you've described by letting go of those things that are in conflict with what you want. Have the faith to let go even before what you want has appeared.

Step 5: Take the actions that will bring you closer to having what you want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Key to a Better Life

Time management is basically about being focused. The Pareto Principle also known as the '80:20 Rule' states that 80% of efforts that are not time managed or unfocused generates only 20% of the desired output. However, 80% of the desired output can be generated using only 20% of a well time managed effort. Although the ratio '80:20' is only arbitrary, it is used to put emphasis on how much is lost or how much can be gained with time management. Some people view time management as a list of rules that involves scheduling of appointments, goal settings, thorough planning, creating things to do lists and prioritizing. These are the core basics of time management that should be understood to develop an efficient personal time management skill. These basic skills can be fine tuned further to include the finer points of each skill that can give you that extra reserve to make the results you desire.

RSS Reading versus Site Hopping

I have a confession to make. I don’t really go visiting websites anymore. For the past month, I’ve just been using my RSS feed reader (Google Reader) for most of my daily reads and research. Why not? It’s a very streamlined process to get the low-down on what’s new and fresh without the fuss of having to load. I used to have bookmarks folders for all my daily reads and open them all in tabs. Now, while I love Firefox, it is still a resource hog. And opening around 60 tabs will eat up a hell of a lot of RAM and bandwidth. It isn’t really a great option. Enter Real Simple Syndication. RSS. It’s really a great way to receive updates from your sites. And I think it’s one of the ways to go in terms of publishing your Web content. It’s a whole lot quicker than having to visit every site and reload every time to check for updates. While Adsense publishers may consider me a lost cause in their chances of getting a few cents from my clicks (since Adsense doesn’t show up in feeds, well not y

How to Motivate Yourself to Write

Let’s see… Your deadline for that essay is tomorrow but you still can’t get a word out of you. You’re suffering from a writing deficiency beginner writers have. Some people think writing is easy and trivial. But that’s cheap talk. An articulate person can have all year to write a bestseller and still end up with a blank page. If you want to be a writer, you have to work for it. Reading is always a good way to get inspired. But for now, consider these pointers: Eliminate distractions. Sometimes, it’s not really an issue of motivation but more of a distraction issue. If you feel stymied by all of the things going on around you, then go find a good spot. If you’re the word processor type of writer, then why not use a distraction free word processor like DarkRoom . Write what you know. It’s hard enough to put into words your thoughts without having to come up with a compelling piece that’s totally alien to you. Choose your mentor. Be careful who you look up to. Often times,